Now as some of our readers know ZeVin Creations has strong feelings about “Paying It Forward” and in the past have talked about a concept we have with cards which we hope to renew in 2008. But for these 8 Days left before Christmas we want to challenge you to GIVE to others during this season of giving which of course is the true reason of the holiday season. In my personal opinion, it isn’t about getting all these gifts and spending tons of money but to be with your loved ones and do for others however you can.
These next eight days I’ll post how ZeVin Creations has done something to make a difference in another person’s life. We will also provide some suggestions on what you can do… We hope that you our readers will also post or comment on what you did each day…AND Exchange we will randomly select from the comments to get a FREE CARD from us each day (that’s a total of 8 Cards we are giving away).
So here are some suggestions –
- Shovel snow from your neighbor’s driveway and sidewalk (unfortunately we didn’t get much snow here but hoping)
- Volunteer your time to help a local homeless shelter or food pantry
- Bake some cookies and/or candy for your postman, garbage man with a card expressing your thanks
- Pay for a cup of coffee/tea for the person behind you at your favorite coffee shop
- Put extra money in the parking meter for the next car to park
Today I’m dropping off clothes for a local Woman and Children’s shelter – I went through all the clothes me and my little one own and don’t wear to compose this tub of clothes. Some of the clothes include coats which many people are in need of this year. (If you have a coat you want to donate check out One Warm Coat site for drop-off locations)
Take this time to inspire others to make a difference this holiday season and you’ll in exchange be rewarded within your spirit knowing you impacted someone that wasn’t expecting it!(And possibly a FREE CARD)
Keep Making Gifts Within A Card!