September has started and we are already on day 5. September embarks our busy season beginning as it relates to shows and cards being retailed. As you can see in the Dates To Send Cards page we have quite a few events/holidays to celebrate in September. The wonderful thing about the dates mentioned is they in some way are related to various cultures. So with that and us having participated in WorldFest we wanted to make September’s feature cards deal with Heritage! Also in this month we will highlight our fall cards with Autumn Equinox fastly approaching despite the hot weather we are getting here in Louisville.
We also want to introduce our newest cards – The Caring Woman – this month with some major woman health awareness month’s taking place between September and October. The primary for September being Ovarian Cancer Awareness, Leukemia & Lymphoma Awareness, and Gynecologic Cancer Awareness Month . The card was inspired by a drawing Maranda did in her college years and with each sale of the cards we will be donating 50% of proceeds to specified charitable organizations. We will have a special post on these efforts to mention some of the things we are doing to promote our efforts!
September is full of shows for you to view our cards in person.
- September 8 – Original Highlands Art & Music Festival on Baxter Ave in Louisville, KY
- September 15-16 – Audubon Art & Antiques Festival – Louisville, KY
- September 22, 2007 – Strange Folk Festival O’Fallon, IL
- October 14, 2007 – Belknap Festival – Louisville, KY
- November 3, 2007 – The UNusual Suspects Arts & Crafts Festival Bethesda, MD
- We are coming closer to our 200th post so we will do something special on that day and include a way to honor our readers as well.
We will be celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month with a contest so the facts will begin on September 15th. Since the celebration carries over to October we will have some mini-giveaways throughout the month so keep checking the posts.
Have a wonderful September and remember to Keep Making Gifts Within A Card!
Maranda & Marisa